WM-STU50 EMF Protection Fabric
*Note: To purchase a custom length of fabric, place an order for multiple quantities of the 1ft option. The amount ordered will be cut as a single piece unless specified otherwise.
WM- STU50 is a semi-transparent strong silvered knit fabric for the protection against high-frequency (HF) and low-frequency radiation (LF). Typical application as net curtain, room divider in laboratories, medical practices, etc. and due to the highest washability it's perfect for bed canopies.
Special features: 1) WM- STU50 is very stable and don't loose its screening attenuation with washing or movement. 2) This fabric is hard to sew accurately, because it‘s stretchy and pulls out of place easily when you try to sew \ it. Please note that customized curtains are difficult to sew dimensionally stable!
- High transparency and very high screening attenuation
- Allows (groundable) to shield LF electric fields
- Textile similar characteristics: Washable, easy to process. Exception: Do not iron.
- Quality grade: Very high
- Silver products discolor with time and often already have discolorations right from the start. If you don’t want to accept discolorations, please choose Swiss-Shield® fabrics.
- Silver fabrics have a limited durability, depending on the frequency of movement.
- Our silver fabrics do not contain any nano silver, but a thick metallic silver coating.
- Width: 130 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Length: Available by the foot
- Attenuation: 50 dB
- Color: Silver-beige.
- Raw materials: 80 % nylon, 20 % silver
- Weight: 40 g/m²
- Dimension stability: +/- 1 %
- Surface conductivity: 0.8 ohm / inch (2.54 cm)
- Gentle cycle at 30°C
- No ironing
- No drying in tumble dryers
- No bleaching
- No chemical dry-cleaning
- Wash only with our special washing detergent TEXCARE, without enzymes or bleaching agents
This product with an electrically conductive surface has to be integrated into the functional-equipotential bonding (FEB). Please find suitable grounding accessories under "Grounding".
Shielding attenuation HF & LF
This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). Unless otherwise stated, the indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz. Measurement from 600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
This product with an electrically conductive surface shields low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF).